The Meliorist’s Board of Directors functions as its governing body, helping to ensure that the Meliorist staff are following bylaws, managing finances responsibly, and conducting business in ways which prioritize the growth and longevity of the magazine.
The Board is elected at every Annual General Meeting or at official meetings thereafter, as outlined in our Bylaws.
Our Board of Directors includes the following positions:
- One (1) Director appointed from the Graduate Students’ Association;
- One (1) Director appointed from the University of Lethbridge’s Students’ Union Student Council;
- One (1) Director appointed from the General Faculties Council of the University;
- Two (2) Directors appointed from the University levy groups;
- Four (4) current students, whether Undergraduate or Graduate, who are Active Members of the Meliorist Publishing Society, which serve as general Student Representative Directors;
- One (1) self-identified Indigenous Student to serve as Indigenous Student Representative Director.
If you are interested in joining or contacting the Board of Directors, please contact the Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org