This was written by Kianna Turner
1 pound of hamburger
1 small onion, diced
1 pepper (any colour), diced
4-5 mushrooms, sliced (optional)
1 garlic clove crushed or minced (optional)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce (plain)
½ tsp basil
½ tsp oregano
¼ tsp thyme
(You can use a can of pre-seasoned tomato sauce instead of plain with the additional spices then being optional)
1. Brown the ground beef with the onions, peppers and mushrooms.
2. If there is any excess fat, drain the excess fat and return to the pan.
3. Add one can of diced tomatoes (they can be plain or with additives like garlic and olive oil or celery and green pepper etc.)
4. Add a can of plain tomato sauce and seasonings (if you’d like, you can use a seasoned tomato sauce, such as basil or four cheese. If you pick this method, you may want to forgo the seasonings or use less)
5. Mix well and bring to a slight boil, then lower the heat to a simmer until you’re ready to serve
6. Prepare the pasta of your choice and serve.